Duration – 3 years minimum
- Level I – Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)will be awarded to a candidate who has obtained a pass or a minimum C grade for each course and passed all the continuous assessments in the First Year.
- Level II – Higher Diploma in Information Technology (HDIT) will be awarded to a candidate who has obtained a pass or a minimum C grade for each course and passed all the continuous assessments in the Second Year and has obtained the Diploma in Information Technology.
- Level III – Degree Certificate (BIT) will be awarded on successful completion of year 1, year 2 and year 3 examination.
Documents need for registration at UCSC
- Originals & Photo copies of the following:
- National ID Card (for Sri Lankan citizens)/valid Passport (for foreign nationals)
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (Where necessary)
- Educational certificates
(a) For Candidates who have obtained three passes in the GCE Advanced Level examination in one sitting
(New Syllabus) after 2000 or four passes in the GCE Advanced Level examination in one sitting (Old Syllabus) before 2000
GCE O/L Certificate
(ii) GCE A/L Certificate
(b) FIT Letter issued by University of Colombo School of Computing (for those who have not qualified through GCE A/L)
- Copies of colour photographs of passport size (on Red Background and Candidate’s ears should be clearly visible in each and every photo)
BIT (University of Colombo – UCSC) degree opens up the following career paths upon graduation: